What is Buyosphere?
Buyosphere is where people help people shop!
We connect people who know something about stuff, where to find great deals or interesting pieces with people who need to find something that is right for them, but don't know where to start.
It's free. Fast. Fun.
What can I do on Buyosphere?
Ask. Answer. Add. Discover.
1. ASK the community your shopping questions, its free, fun and fast! Looking for something now? ASK
2. ANSWER and help someone find that perfect something! helping others is the new black. (And plus you get to build your reputation and earn rewards as someone who knows something about something.
3. ADD great finds that you want or have from any retailer on the web, the more you build your taste profile the easier it is for others to help you find what you want.
4. DISCOVER that perfect dress, or gadget or store from all the great finds and suggestions people post to Buyosphere. How do I install the Buyosphere button and why?
The "Buyo" button is an easy way to save product information from any store on the web. We all see things we wish we could keep track of for future purchases. Now you can add product to your Buyography (profile) by following these easy steps:
1. Left click on the button below and drag it on your bookmark bar. Now you have the button!
2. Find a product on the web from any merchant.
3. Click on "Add to Buyosphere" link on your bookmark bar.
4. Review and edit the information such as verifying the price, choosing the best picture and adding some tags.
Next time you log in Buyosphere, your product will be saved under your Buyography. Adding products also helps others give you better recommendations when you ask a question, and it helps others discover great finds, so keep on adding!
What is a Buyography?
Your Buyography is your profile.
Think of it as your personal shopping page. It's a collection of the products you want, have, like and suggested to others.
It's also where your questions will be filtered. The more products in your Buyography, the easiest it is for others to help you find things. In your Buyography, you can sort your products by categories and your tag words, so it's always easy to find a previously added product.
Where can I post feedback or issues I find on the site?
You can post your comments, feedback, ideas or bugs by clicking on the Feedback tab located on the bottom right corner of your screen. We love to hear from you!
How do I sign-up?
Just click sign-up on the top navigation bar. We use Facebook to manage sign-ups because it makes it easy to connect with friends, share questions and products and it only takes 1-click to get started.
Who can participate in the Buyosphere community?
Everybody! We think that everyone can benefit from Buyosphere. If you are a business and would like to know how you can get involved, you can read more here. (link to retailer page)
Question & Answers
How do I ask a question?
1. To ask a question is easy. You can ask your question from our ANSWER feed or by using the input box in the top navigation bar and clicking Ask.
2. When asking your question, you will be prompted to begin your question with "I am looking for" or "What is the best", just pick the sentence that is most relevant.
3. We recommend that you complete the question form with lots of details. If you want the community to find a complement or similar item (paint color to go with your decor or shoes to match an outfit) add pictures for reference.
4. In the details section, describe your question with as much details as possible; it helps others provide you with better suggestions.
5. Dont forget to set your maximum budget, verify your location, add tags and when you need it by. All critical info to properly route your question to the right people.
6. Once your question box is completed, submit it to the community, Facebook and twitter and wait for awesome product suggestions!
How to I answer a question?
Answering a question is easy!
First be sure to read all the question details such as the location, budget and urgency.
If the person has products saved to their Buyography, take a quick peak, it will give you an idea of their taste and can help you make better suggestions.
If you think you need more details, no worries, once you make your first recommendation, you can ask for more details in the comment box; this will start a public conversation between you and the Asker.
To answer you must:
1. Find a product online that you think matches what the Asker is looking for. Find the product page on a merchant site and avoid posting products from blogs or editorial content, since the person could not complete the purchase from that page.
2. Once you found a great product online, go to the product page and copy the product page URL from your browser.
3. Come back to Buyosphere on the question page you want to answer, and paste the URL you copied in the suggestion box.
4.Once you click add, a pop-up will appear with all the product information necessary to make your suggestion. Select the best picture, verify the price is accurate, tag the product for better discovery and tell them why you suggested this product.
You can also share your suggestion on Facebook and twitter to let others know that you are available on Buyosphere to answer questions.
If your suggestion is picked as "Best", we will let you know! It feels good to help others! We will also let you know if there are comments or votes on your suggestion(s).
How and why would I vote on a question?
Help others making the right choices by voting on suggestions you feel are the best. Perhaps you own one of the products suggested, or you think its the nicest, or you had a good experience with that merchant, whatever the honest reason, your vote will help someone decide what product they should purchase!
To vote on a suggestion, just look for the up and down arrows above the suggestion product image. You can up vote or down vote a suggestion. The score in the middle is the tally of up votes less down votes.
How can I get more details from the person who asked the question?
Because we don't allow a recommendation to be posted without a product attached, we recommend that you try and make the best suggestion that you can, and use the "tell them why" comment box of your suggestion to ask for more details.
This will start a public conversation between you and the Asker. you can make as many suggestions as you like on a question (without spamming of course:)
Tips to make better suggestions
1. Review the Asker's Buyography for inspiration on the products, brands and store they like.
2. Carefully read the entire question.
Tips to get better recommendations
Taste is a very personal thing, and it can be hard for even a friend to make the right product suggestion, so the more details you add in your question, the easiest it is for others to help you find what you are looking for.
1. Be clear and detailed in your description, if it's apparel or shoes, add details about your style, use, size, or whatever else you think might be helpful.
2. Add images for reference if you think it might help.
3. Pick your maximum budget.
4. Verify your location because local people could help you discover cool products from local stores you didn't know about.
5. Let them know when you need it by, since questions can be sorted by urgency.
6. Add some tag words. Tags helps us route your questions to the right people (shoes, hat, black tie, gift, design, functional, ecologic, green, toddler, acne, etc... anything goes, well almost!)
How do I get more suggestions on my question?
Here are some tips to get more suggestions!
1. Share your question to your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
2. Add as much relevant details as possible.
3. Keep saving products you want or have to your Buyography, it helps others learn about your style, favorite stores, and general shopping preferences.
How do I get my friends or people I know to answer my question?
That's easy, just connect your account to Facebook and Twitter and share your question! We are working on cool news ways to get your questions out to your friends and family so stay tune!
How can I edit my question?
Go to your question page and click on the edit link.
How can I edit my suggestion? (coming soon)
Click the edit link on your suggestion. You can edit the details of your suggestion in the pop-up.
How can I delete my question?
Go to your question page and click the edit link. Inside the question pop-up, just click the delete link.
How can I reward the community for answering my questions?
Rewarding others for helping out is so important. The best way to do this is to pick the best suggestion in your question page, this will award a medal to the person who provided the suggestion! How cool is that?
How can I flag a user for spamming or abuse?
While we hope it's rare, it's possible that some people or merchant want to abuse our system of question and suggestions, if this is the case, we definitely want to know.
The simplest way to provide negative feedback on a suggestion is by click on the flag icon available in a suggestion box. This will notify us. We will immediately review and take action (coming soon)
How do I discover questions I might be able to answer?
First, make sure to complete your profile with interests (coming soon), location and other relevant information, this helps us personalize the questions that we think you might be able to answer.
Under the Following section of the shopping question feed, you will see all the questions relating to the interest, people, etc that you chose to follow. (coming soon)
Additionally, feel free to browse the questions by category and tags (keywords) to discover other interesting questions and suggestions.
Adding Products to Buyosphere
How can I add products to Buyosphere?
There are 3 ways to save products to your Buyography.
1) Click the want or have icon you see on the feeds, product pages, suggestions pages.
2) Get the button. Just drag it to your bookmark bar and click it any time you see a product you want to save to your Buyography while browsing stores online.
3) Under your Buyography menu, select Add Product option. The pop up will appear to add a product from any online merchant site. Just copy the url from the product you want to add, paste it into the box and click add.
How to edit a product I added to Buyosphere?
Just click on the edit icon that appears at the bottom of the product image in your product feed under your Buyography.
How to share a product from Buyosphere?
Just go to the product page and click on the network of your choice. We are working on cool news ways for you to share from Buyosphere, stay tuned!
How to delete a product I added to Buyosphere?
Just click on the edit icon that appears at the bottom of the product image in your buyography. In the edit pop-up, you have the option to delete the product.
Connecting with people on Buyosphere
How can I follow someone?
Under the Discover / People menu, you can explore our community. To follow someone, just click on the pircture. A profile snapshot will appear on the right with more details and the option to follow them.
Following someone on Buyosphere means that you will see their items, questions and such in your following feeds.
How can I invite friends?
Under the Discover / People menu, click on the link invite friends. We are working on making it easier to connect with your friends so stay tuned. Also, you can access the invite friends link under your Buyography menu
How can I view who is following me?
Go to the People section, under the Discover menu, click followers.
How can I view the people I follow?
Go to the People section, under the Discover menu, click followers. You can also view the people you follow in your Buyography in the left navigation column.
What does following mean in the Discover Product feed?
These are all the products and suggestions posted by the people and merchants you follow.
What does following mean in the shopping question feed? (Answer menu)
These are all the questions posted that relate to your interests, people and merchants you follow. (coming soon)
How can I update my profile?
Under the Buyography menu, click settings.
How can I change my picture?
Under the Buyography settings menu, just select the search image option under your profile picture. Select the image from your files and upload. Refreshing your page might be necessary to see the new image.
How can I change or select my interests? (coming soon)
Under the Buyography menu, select Interests. Easily select or unselect your interests.
How can I connect my Facebook or Twitter account?
Under the Buyography settings menu, select to connect either or both your Facebook and Twitter account.
How can I change my email address?
Under the Buyography settings menu, select update email address.
How do I change my notification preferences?
Under the Buyography settings menu, you can easily update how you prefer to be notified.
How do I deactivate my account?
Did we do something wrong? we would love to know, that's how we keep getting better!
Just email us contact@Buyosphere.com with your feedback and we will have your account closed within 48hrs.
Designers, Retailers, Brands
I'm a retailer and would like to know how to participate on Buyosphere?
Great! We are working on our retail solution as we speak, we would love to hear from you. Just follow go the http://www.buyosphere.com/about/retailers section to learn more.